Before the Independent Assessor can consider a service complaint, the following must apply:
- Your related financial firm complaint has been closed (unless exceptional circumstances apply)
- AFCA has been provided with an opportunity to address your concerns (i.e. you must first have submitted your complaint to AFCA and received a response)
- It is fewer than three months since you received AFCA's service complaint response.
Complaints to the Independent Assessor about AFCA’s service must generally be made in writing. You can:
- submit a complaint electronically via the online form, or
- download, print, and complete the form and submit it by post.
Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne VIC 3001