- About this Annual Review
- Board Chair message
- Chief Executive Officer and Chief Ombudsman message
- About us
- Strategic plan
- Year in review – strategic initiatives
- Year at a glance
- Who complained to AFCA?
- Overview of complaints
- Open cases
- Complaints closed by AFCA
- Banking and finance complaints
- General insurance complaints
- Superannuation complaints
- Investments and advice complaints
- Life insurance complaints
- Financial difficulty complaints
- Small business complaints
- Complaints lodged by consumer advocates
- Legacy complaints
- Complaints outside the Rules
- Systemic issues
- Naming financial firms
- Significant events
- Stakeholder engagement
- People and culture
- Feedback about our service
- Independent Assessor Report
- Corporate information
- AFCA General Purpose Financial Report 2021
- Code compliance and monitoring
- Previous schemes
- Appendix 1
To provide fair, independent and effective solutions for financial disputes.
To be a world-class ombudsman service:
- improving practices and minimising disputes
- meeting diverse community needs
- trusted by all.
Working with consumers, small business and industry we will resolve and reduce financial disputes through innovative solutions, education and communication. We will deliver services to the Australian community that are easy to use, free for complainants, efficient, timely and impartial.
Australian community and government
A fair, ethical and trusted service that influences reform in the financial services sector.
Consumers and small business
An excellent customer experience that meets diverse needs and delivers fair outcomes.
A valued member experience that helps members to improve internal practices to avoid or resolve disputes.
Highly skilled and engaged people with the tools they need to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Fairness project
- Data and analytics
- IT transformation
- Enhanced member experience
- Enhanced customer service
Fair and independent
- We make fair, balanced and considered decisions.
- We are evidence-based.
- Impartiality underpins all our work.
- We ensure all parties are properly heard.
Transparent and accountable
- We do what we say and what is right.
- We are clear and transparent.
- We explain the reasons for our actions.
- We are timely, efficient and flexible.
- We are trusted and supported to do our jobs and take responsibility for what we do.
Honest and respectful
- People are at the heart of everything we do.
- We respectfully listen to all views.
- We show integrity in all our dealings.
- We are professional and treat everyone with dignity.
Proactive and customer focused
- We are outward-facing and proactive.
- We use data and experience to influence, inform and look ahead.
- We help businesses to improve their customer service and minimise disputes.
- Our services are accessible to all.
- We actively engage with diverse audiences, including those who may need extra help.