Joining AFCA means joining an organisation of passionate, intelligent people who are committed to fairness and driving positive change in the financial sector.
Our people are at the centre of everything we do. We live and breathe our cultural qualities, which shape how we behave and how we engage with our customers. At AFCA, you will truly feel the difference of working at an organisation which supports people of all backgrounds, experiences, and identities to thrive.
At AFCA, we help people find a fair outcome to disagreements with their financial firm, such as a problem with their banking, insurance, investments advice, or superannuation.
As a financial ombudsman, we are a for-purpose organisation that provides a free service for individuals and small businesses with a complaint. We listen to and work with customers and their financial firms to find solutions to complaints which have gone unheard or unresolved. That’s what AFCA does.
- Competitive salary based on individual experience paid fortnightly
- Salary packaging and novated leasing options
- 20 days annual leave with options to purchase more
- Bonus, paid time off over the end of year holiday period
- The ability to swap a public holiday for another day
- 18 weeks parental leave
- 15 days personal/carer’s leave. 5 more than industry standard
- Long service leave after 7 years continuous service in both VIC and NSW
- 5 days compassionate leave
- 5 days Sorry Business leave for First Nations employees
- 5 days women’s+ health leave
- 10 days early pregnancy loss leave
- 18 weeks advanced pregnancy loss leave
- Family and domestic violence leave
- Gender affirmation leave
- Purchased leave
- Study leave
- Extended leave without pay
- Flexible full time, part time and hybrid working arrangements
- CBD located offices in Sydney and Melbourne
- State of the art facilities and technology
- Wellness initiatives including health checks, workshops and more
- Access to regular learning and professional development
- Workplace giving and salary sacrificing options
- Employee assistance program for social and psychological wellbeing
- Free social club with movie screenings, karaoke and more
- Ally network to support LGBTQIA+ staff
At AFCA, we value different backgrounds and encourage distinct perspectives.
If you have any queries regarding a vacancy or have applied for a role and require support, you can contact the AFCA Recruitment and Careers team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on social media
AFCA is a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
AFCA has partnered with The Candidate Coach to support all applicants.
AFCA is certified as a Family Friendly Workplace. This significant achievement recognises that AFCA has made a commitment to delivering equality, inclusivity and wellbeing outcomes for our employees and their families, by working within a framework and set of National Work and Family Standards developed by UNICEF.
AFCA has been named Employer of Choice, Public Sector and NFP, at the Australian HR Awards 2023.