Both paid and unpaid representatives are bound by this Charter through their participation in any complaint submitted to AFCA.
Representatives are expected to:
- act in the best interests of the complainant and avoid conflicts of interest
- act fairly and professionally towards AFCA and financial firms
- avoid lodging complaints that are frivolous, vexatious or without merit
- support the reasonable negotiation of complaints
- provide all relevant documentation that could reasonably be expected, including confirmation that the complainant is aware the complaint has been lodged at AFCA and authorises the representative to act on their behalf
- co-operate with our investigations including facilitating provision and exchange of information and evidence
- actively participate in the complaint resolution process and avoid unnecessary delays.
AFCA may need to contact a complainant directly for the purposes of satisfying ourselves that the complainant is aware of information relevant to their complaint.