- About this Annual Review
- Year at a glance
- Acknowledgement of country
- Board Chair message
- Chief Executive Officer and Chief Ombudsman message
- Organisational overview
- AFCA Independent Review
- Who complained to AFCA?
- Overview of complaints
- Open cases
- Closed cases
- Banking and finance complaints
- Buy now pay later
- Financial difficulty complaints
- Small business complaints
- General insurance complaints
- Significant events
- Life insurance complaints
- Superannuation complaints
- Investments and advice complaints
- Complaints lodged by consumer advocates and financial counsellors
- Legacy complaints
- Complaints outside AFCA’s Rules
- Systemic issues
- Code compliance and monitoring
- Previous schemes
- Engagement, awareness and accessibility
- Corporate information
- AFCA General Purpose Financial Report 2021–22
- Appendix 1
Acknowledgement of country
AFCA acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of this land and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future – for they hold the songlines, the stories, the traditions, the culture and the hopes of First Nations Australia.
This land is, was, and always will be traditional First Nations Country.
We also acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the lands on which we work, including the Wurundjeri, Boon Wurrung, Wathaurung, Daungwurrung and Dja Dja Wurrung peoples of the Kulin nation and the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation.
Uluru Statement from the Heart
AFCA accepts the invitation of the Uluru Statement from the Heart.
The Uluru Statement is a gift, an invitation for all Australians to walk alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples toward a better future. It calls for recognition of the sovereignty of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and the opportunity for their voices to be heard.
We support Australia’s First Nations peoples in their call for a constitutionally enshrined First Nations Voice and Makarrata Commission.
We make this commitment through our Reconciliation actions and encourage our people and our community to do the same, based on the principles of Voice, Treaty and Truth.