AFCA has a range of resources to help you understand and navigate its complaint resolution process, jurisdiction and approach. The majority of resources are available publicly on the AFCA website, with the exception of complaint fee information which is available only to members via Secure Services, our online member portal.
Key resources for members include:
Process and Jurisdiction
- Approach documents explain how we reach decisions about key issues involving certain topics.
- Fact sheets - on a range of topics including systemic issues, superannuation, natural disasters, managing financial advice and more.
- Brochures – informative publications on topics such as our complaint resolution process, financial difficulty and conciliation conferences
- Annual review - Comparative tables are also available through the Annual Review page.
- AFCA logo pack - how to use the AFCA logo to inform your customers of their right to complain to us